MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT COMPANY HEAD OFFICEProject Details
MEC HEAD OFFICE VANCOUVER, BC
MASS TIMBER, GLULAM CONSTRUCTION
125,000-sf, four-storey corporate office designed under MEC’s sustainability agenda, using timber from BC and innovative technology to minimize its environmental footprint and provide an enhanced healthy work environment for employees. Built to exceed LEED® Platinum specifications and estimated to be 70% more energy-efficient than a traditional structure of the same size, this landmark green building required more than 1.35 million board feet of lumber. Seagate provided procurement, fabrication and installation of wood structure services.
- Client – Mountain Equipment Co-op
- General Contractor – Ventana Construction Ltd.
- Architect – Proscenium Architecture & Interiors
- Engineers – Fast & Epp Structural Engineers
- Almost 600 lifts of kiln dried Douglas Fir (2×8 and 2×10 lumber) used to assemble the massive floor and roof panels that were assembled in our shop before arriving on site.
- Composite cedar panels are used throughout the interior. the reclaimed wood flooring was salvaged from the building that previously occupied the site.