UBC BROCK COMMONS TALLWOOD HOUSE UBCProject Details
BROCK COMMONS TALLWOOD HOUSE UBC
MASS TIMBER PROJECT
Innovative 162,700 sf, 18-storey student residence that provides housing for 404 students at the University of British Columbia. The building stands 53 meters (18 stories) and at the time of construction was the tallest wood structure worldwide. Seagate provided design-assist and installation services for this project.
- Client – UBC Properties Trust
- General Contractor – Urban One
- Architect – Acton Ostry Architects Inc.
- Engineers – Fast & Epp Structural Engineers
- Designed to meet LEED® Gold certification
- The structure was constructed of 464 CLT panels supported by 1,302 glulam columns.
- The mass timber structure was completed in just 47 working days.